Friday, October 8, 2010

Brand Loyalty

Brand Loyalty


Brand loyalty is an interesting concept. Why are some people so drawn to one brand over another and will only purchase that specific brand. But only with some categories. Take toothpaste for example; do most people buy the exact same toothpaste every time they run out because they are drawn to a specific brand? Or do they simply make their purchasing decision based on the type of flavour, the price, the colour or the size? 


I'd say I'm an excellent example of brand loyalty. Once I am involved with a brand in categories which I care most about - it's all or nothing for me. Take; water. Water is a generic product that everyone needs to survive. When I purchase water it has to be FIJI water (and sometimes Evian) - it could never be Dasni, Aquafina or Nestle, it has to be FIJI. Is it because of the beautiful square bottle with nice flowers, is the flavour (the lack of chemicle taste I mean) or is it simply because I like to position myself as a person with this type of water.


A few things I'm specifically brand loyal to are:
Apple
Lululemon
Starbucks 
ADIDAS
Coke (even though I do not drink it, I only respect Coke)
Tiffany & Co
MAC Cosmetics
Annabelle Cosmetics
CHI


Perhaps it's obvious to say but Apple users are among the most brand loyal consumers to walk this planet. There's something about their clean, innovative and 'cool' marketing strategy that people are automatically drawn to. Furthermore - Apple backs up their 'cool' marketing with actual technology that surpases anything else on the market. Apple is a company that has transformed the technology market and has made people interested in the future gadgets being created. The whole 'once you go Apple, you wont go back' saying is completley true. I've seen it happen to people who were against Apple (for no specific reason) and once they got their first iPod, iMac, or iPhone - they just exploded into that market and could only seem to purchase Apple products from there on out.


Samantha 

No comments:

Post a Comment